CLIA gears up for packed season of online events
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is planning a packed season of virtual events for its travel agent members, creating online opportunities for education and training involving many of the world’s top cruise brands.
Running through to December, CLIA will offer a busy calendar of cruise line webinars and a series of special-focus events on topics including river cruising, luxury cruising, and ports and destinations.
The program includes:
- Winter Webinar Series, until September 1 – Over recent weeks CLIA’s popular Winter Webinar Series has focussed on river cruising, with detailed sessions from many of the biggest operators on the world’s inland waterways. Recorded webinars are available in CLIA’s Members Hub, with the final session from Heritage Line coming on Tuesday September 1.
- Luxury Cruise Showcase, September 14-17 – A rare opportunity to hear from the global leaders of top luxury cruise brands through a series of daily exclusive interviews covering each line’s response to COVID-19, their plans for recovery, and their latest product innovations. The series will end with a live panel session involving regional directors for a local perspective.
- Virtual River Cruise Showcase, September 23 – CLIA’s annual river cruise conference will take place online this year, giving agents access to business sessions and training with river cruise operators who will showcase their products and offer inspirational sales messages.
- Spring Webinar Series, September 29 to November 17 – The next instalment in CLIA Australasia’s webinar series, this time focussing on expedition and small ship cruising. Each week will bring a new episode from leading operators including Ponant, Coral Expeditions, Silversea, Seabourn, Windstar, Scenic, Aurora Expeditions and APT.
- Cruise Port & Destination Showcase, December 1-10 – A chance to hear the latest news from key cruise destinations around the world as CLIA Executive Partners will share information and visitor tips including must-see tours and places of interest, port and terminal information, transport information, tips for visitors and trade resources.
The events are exclusive to CLIA members and are offered in partnership with CLIA cruise lines. Further details will be announced via the CLIA Members Hub at www.cruising.org.au