CLIA offers the only official cruise industry approved certification scheme for travel agents around the world, where each individual can follow their own e-learning path at their own pace to gain cruise specialist certification. CLIA’s Professional Development and Training programs are rated the best in the industry and leverage a wealth of expert knowledge and partnerships to deliver valuable education to travel agents and other industry professionals. Our online courses cover a multitude of topics including the appeal and value of cruising, ship design and terminology, the onboard and shore-side experience, recommending and closing a sale, specialisation, upselling and cross-selling, key cruise regions, and important regulative and advocacy information. These topics and many more are applied to the various types of cruising, including expedition and river cruising. By drawing on the knowledge and skills acquired from CLIA training, cruise line product training and personal cruise experiences, CLIA certified agents have the potential to earn more commission on their cruise bookings!
To understand how to achieve certification with CLIA, please continue to read through the certification tabs on this website.
QUICK STATS ABOUT CLIA AND CLIA CERTIFICATION.
- More than 20,000 travel agents around the world
- < 7% of certified agents are Masters – forming an exclusive group of specialists
- CLIA is the world's largest cruise community
The CLIA online Learning Academy includes;
- Over 80 training courses by CLIA and CLIA cruise line members
- Hundreds of downloadable resources
- Relating to over 95% of the Global cruise capacity
* Based on data from CLIA cruise lines