Event Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket. By purchasing a ticket to, or registering for a CLIA event, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions relate both to the sale of tickets and attendance at events. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders (“you”).
CLIA “Member Only” Events, means tickets can only be purchased by and for a current financial member and your ticket may be refunded if you are found not to be a current member.
Variation to Terms and Conditions
CLIA may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
Subject to requests made under the Refundable Tickets Terms and Conditions of Sale below, or the COVID-19 Refunds and Exchanges Terms and Conditions:
- CLIA will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. CLIA does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), CLIA will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers when making arrangements for attendance at an event. You may also wish to consider taking out a relevant insurance policy to cover for any losses in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation
- In most cases, refunds will be automatically processed to the credit card originally used for purchase.
Variations to performances or events
- The Seller reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute speakers and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where we have reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
- You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones).
COVID-19 specific conditions of entry
- You acknowledge that the event may be scheduled to be held, or will be held, during a time at which one or more Government directions or regulations may be in force regarding the number of persons attending an event (or the holding of the event itself). If that is the case, then the number of persons permitted to be in or around the Venue may be affected, resulting in CLIA being required to or deciding to:
- cancel or postpone the event;
- reduce the number of persons who may attend the event;
- change your seating allocation; and/or
- change any standing or seating configurations for attendance at the event;
in which case You may receive a refund in accordance with these CLIA Terms and Conditions of Sale, or the COVID-19 Refunds and Exchanges Terms and Conditions, as the case may be.
- You agree to comply with all Government directions, orders and regulations relevant to attending live events, which may be in place at the time of the event.
- If you are attending the event as part of a group, as the primary ticket purchaser, you are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group. In the event you are contacted directly by the Government, including the Department of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, you must: (a) make the contact details of your group available to the Government (if you have the consent of each group member to do so); or (b) contact each member of your group, and request that they provide their contact details to the Government directly.
- All attendees in your group, including yourself, must commit to stopping the spread of COVID-19. If at the time of the event, either you, or any other members of your group are feeling unwell or are subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period, you agree not to attend the event. If you do attend the event, you agree to assume all risk associated with COVID-19.
Event Safety and Responsibility
CLIA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all event participants and CLIA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, CLIA staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by this Event Safety & Responsibility Policy. This Policy applies to all CLIA event-related activities, including those sponsored by organizations other than CLIA but held in conjunction with CLIA events, in public or private facilities.
In-Person Events Disclaimer
While CLIA strives to adhere to the advice of local, national, and international health authorities, any interaction with the public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed while in attendance at the event. We encourage you to practice the best personal mitigation strategies that are available, like getting vaccinated, wearing masks while indoors with others, and washing your hands often. If you need more direction, please consult your national and local health authority websites for up-to-date recommendations. Our own member cruise line websites also provide a great source for rigorous, layered protective measures, validated by the lower incident rate on cruise ships compared to any sector on land.
At most CLIA networking events, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. CLIA expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. CLIA and host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason and may require a participant to leave the event.
Personal Safety and Security
CLIA works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its events by working with venue staff to make sure participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to CLIA staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your event badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any CLIA staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.
Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, CLIA staff member, service provider, or other event guest.
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, CLIA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
Disruption of presentations at sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other activities organized by CLIA at the event venue, hotels, or other CLIA-contracted facilities.
Any denigration of any other attendee, participant, sponsor, exhibitor, CLIA Cruise Line, CLIA Marketing Affiliate, CLIA Executive Partner or CLIA Travel Agent.
CLIA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings.
If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behaviour, CLIA asks that you inform a CLIA staff member or contact CLIA at 02-9964 9600 or email email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
CLIA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behaviour, and CLIA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event.
For CLIA's general Terms & Conditions, please click here.