Share Your Love of Cruising!
October is Plan a Cruise Month and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Australasia is giving you the tips and tools you need to help encourage your clients to plan a cruise, whether they are embarking on their first cruise or returning to a holiday at sea or on a river.
How can you be a part of Plan a Cruise Month?
- Participate in the upcoming Webinar and Twitter Events.
- Promote Plan a Cruise Month and the exclusive Cruise Line Member deals and promotions to your clients through email marketing.
- Showcase how you leverage the campaign on social media for prizes and acknowledgements.
- Use the campaign logo in your email and printed communications.
- Share the news on social media through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more.
This year, Cruise Month will once again have weekly themes:
- 1-7 Oct – Ocean / Mainstream Cruising
- 8-14 Oct – River Cruising
- 15-21 Oct – Expedition Cruising
- 22-28 Oct – Luxury Cruising
Travel Agent ToolKit
In the CLIA Travel Agent ToolKit, you will find assets to help you leverage this exciting campaign, including:
- Media Materials and Infographics - A customisable press release that your agency can send to local media. Also included is a “Five Reasons to Use a Travel Agent to Book a Cruise Holiday” press release and infographic to share as well.
- Social Media Content – Customisable, pre-written posts to use on your social media pages (Facebook and Twitter).
- Email – Customisable emails to send to your clients and prospects.
- Logos and Visuals – Assets to brand your Plan a Cruise Month marketing collateral and digital/social promotion
- Porthole Cruise Magazine Discounted Subscription Offer – Exclusive to CLIA Travel Agent Members, Porthole Cruise Magazine is giving you a special rate on a one-year subscription – valid only during Plan a Cruise Month.
Cruise Deals and Promotions
Details about special deals and promotions from CLIA Cruise Line Members are now live in the new Members Hub. Please note that you have to be logged in and go to the Promotions page in the Cruise Daily section to see the latest Cruise Month deals.
Travel Agent Prizes
CLIA is once again rewarding travel agents who customize and leverage the Plan a Cruise Month campaign in creative ways. Throughout the month, CLIA will reward agents who share their Cruise Month initiative on Facebook and/or Twitter have the chance to win $1,000 marketing co-op fund.
Also, best selling agents will also be rewarded with fabulous prizes including cruises.
Participating Cruise Lines
What our travel agent members say about Plan a Cruise Month:
"There are many clients just waiting to have something 'out of the ordinary' offered to them, so Plan a Cruise Month gave us a great opportunity to be pro-active with new ideas and great pricing on a wide range of cruise holiday offers", Julie Marshall, Manager The Travel Studio, Gold Coast
"We think Plan a Cruise Month is a fantastic initiative to enlighten travellers on all the benefits and value to cruising. It has helped us reconnect with past cruisers and has enticed others to try cruising for the first time. We are grateful to CLIA for providing us with ongoing training and support", Heather Horley, Manager Ballina Cruise & Travel
"It has been a very busy but rewarding month and certainly not possible without the support from CLIA, the cruise lines and their amazing sales reps", Rochelle Clark from Dreamlines Australia
"We think the CLIA Plan a Cruise Month is an excellent initiative and one we have been supporting since its inception. We are very grateful for all the support given us by CLIA and the Cruise lines throughout the month which helps us improve local awareness of cruising and increase our sales" Nic Rone, Owner Cruise Holidays Gold Coast
"Cruise month seems to be working as we have bookings coming out of our earholes" Kim Earle, Consultant at Northshore Travel