Nominations open for the CLIA Awards
The Australasian cruise community is gearing up for its biggest celebration of the year, with nominations now open for the 19th annual Cruise Industry Awards.
Hosted by Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Australasia, the awards will be presented at a black-tie gala dinner at The Star Sydney on February 15, 2020, with tickets now on sale exclusively to CLIA members.
CLIA Australasia Managing Director Joel Katz said the event would again be hosted by entertainer Tim Campbell, building on the high-energy success of the previous awards.
“The annual Cruise Industry Awards celebrate the top achievers among our CLIA travel agent members, recognising the most committed and innovative individuals in our community,” Mr Katz said. “We’re encouraging all our members to get involved in the nomination process and help recognise their peers, particularly those who champion the cruise industry, focus on innovation and training, and deliver exceptional results.”
Nominations for the 19th annual Cruise Industry Awards can be submitted online and are open until Friday November 22, 2019. A total of 11 categories are open for self-nomination or peer nomination, with awards for both Australian and New Zealand nominees.
Key awards include:
- Cruise Consultant of the Year and Home-Based Cruise Agent/Broker of the Year: recognising consultants who have proven sales performance and show dedication to learning, cruise supplier relationships and industry engagement.
- Rising Star: an award for achievement, skill development, drive for excellence and future potential, recognising a consultant who has been selling cruise for no more than two years.
- Cruise Champion: recognising an individual agent who goes above and beyond to champion the cruise industry through their efforts to advocate, educate and promote.
- Promotion of the Year: honouring the creativity and originality of agency, network and cruise month promotions and their success in promoting cruise and driving sales.
- Media Award: recognising the high standards of cruising journalism, championing the cruise industry with creativity and originality.
Nominations for the Agency of the Year categories which recognise small (single location), large (multi-location/brand) and online agencies are open to cruise line nomination only.
To make nominations, view nomination criteria and to purchase tickets, click here.