Cruise Month brings a seagoing celebration throughout October
September 28, 2023 – Cruise Month 2023 begins in Australasia this weekend, bringing a fresh wave of deals, webinars, competitions and other opportunities for travel agents throughout October.
As part of its annual celebration of holidays at sea, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has unveiled a packed program of Cruise Month webinars to help travel agents learn more about leading cruise lines and get the most out of October’s cruise initiatives.
More than a dozen webinars are scheduled throughout the month, presented by cruise line representatives from the ocean, river, expedition and luxury cruising sectors.
CLIA has also launched a Cruise Month Competition for member travel agents who host creative cruise events during October, giving them a chance to win a travel package to Sydney with tickets to CLIA’s 21st Annual Cruise Industry Awards in March.
This year’s Cruise Month celebrates “More Reasons to #LoveCruise” and includes:
- Four weekly Cruise Month themes, covering Ocean Cruising (1-7 October), River Cruising (8-14 October), Expedition Cruising (15-21 October) and Luxury Cruising (22-28 October).
- A comprehensive Cruise Month toolkit offering social media assets, marketing collateral and other resources that agents can use to mount their own Cruise Month promotions.
- Cruise Month deals and agent incentives, featured in the Cruise Month toolkit and detailed weekly in the CLIA newsletter to travel agent members.
- Cruise Month coverage in major newspapers and specialist publications in Australia and New Zealand, including special cruise features in weekend travel sections and travel magazines.
- A Cruise Month consumer competition, offering cruise fans the chance to win A$1000 towards their next cruise when booked through a CLIA-accredited travel agent.
- A comprehensive social media campaign, including videos and imagery to promote cruising and direct bookings to CLIA travel agents.
- A new series of #WeAreCruise videos, telling the story of cruising’s economic benefits to communities around Australia and New Zealand.
- A Video Guide to Cruise Month providing information and inspiration for travel agents looking to connect with Cruise Month initiatives and launch their own Cruise Month initiatives.
Visit Cruise Month to find out more. Follow @CLIAAustralasia on Facebook & LinkedIn for updates and to share Cruise Month posts. Log in to the CLIA Members Hub to download the Cruise Month toolkit and see CLIA’s weekly newsletter for webinar details and deals.